If you've hung out with me on any of my social media you've probably heard me talk about "5 to Thrive", which is basically the 5 things that I do every single day that have changed my life. It’s something that I really try to speak into other people. It will absolutely change your life. On today's episode I take you through each one in detail. Give it a try and tell us what you think!
GET THE COZI APP- Cozi.com/Rachel
Pre-order Your Copy of Girl, Wash Your Face- http://amzn.to/2qSzmjj
*******5 to Thrive*******
Anyone of them, formed into a habit will brighten your outlook. The combination of them all will utterly change your life.
1. Get up an hour earlier than you normally do and use the time for YOURSELF. Workout, pray, meditate, read, work on your novel, get started on your 10,000 steps-- whatever it is, just commit to something that makes you feel great! Everyone constantly says they don't have enough time for self-care. I call bullcrap! You MAKE the time. So every day for the rest of the year, commit to waking up an hour earlier. You'll be shocked at all you can accomplish.
2. Workout for at least thirty minutes. I can hear you now, "Rach are you serious?! Every day??" YES! Every. Single. Day. Doesn't matter what it is: walking, running, Zumba, jumping on the trampoline with your kids, dancing at a club (I assume some of you are young and cool enough to still do that!), flag football, yoga-- whatever! Just do it, every day for thirty minutes. You won't believe what this will do for your mood and your energy level.
3. Drink half of your body weight in ounces of water each day. As in, take the amount that you weigh, divide in half and whatever that number is in ounces is your new water goal. Carry a water bottle with you and refill it everywhere you go. Dave and I are SO hardcore about water consumption and we pee more than any toddler you've ever known. Put in a lemon slice, cucumber, apples, cinnamon sticks-- whatever! Just get your water in.
4. On this one you get to choose. Give up one food category you know you shouldn't be eating. Caffeine, white bread, refined sugar, Diet Coke, dairy, meat-- whatever, just choose something you know it would benefit you to do without. Pretend it's Lent. I'm not asking you to give it up forever, just 30 days. Replace that category you gave up with fresh veggies-- any of them will do. When you kick the habit for 30 days I promise you you'll never go back to eating that item or you'll at least eat WAY less of it.
5. Last but not least-- every single day I want you to write down ten things you're grateful for. I started doing this last year and it has utterly changed my outlook on life. I feel so blessed all the time because I'm constantly on the lookout for my blessings. You can choose big things (your children, your partner, your job) but I'd actually encourage you to look for simple things: the sound of laughter, a pretty sunset, how comfy your pajamas are. True happiness is in the little details, not the big stuff.